Thursday, June 14, 2012

History of the Hoover Dam - Hoover Dam Facts

Kaiser San Francisco - History of the Hoover Dam - Hoover Dam Facts
The content is good quality and helpful content, That is new is that you just never knew before that I know is that I even have discovered. Before the distinctive. It is now near to enter destination History of the Hoover Dam - Hoover Dam Facts. And the content related to Kaiser San Francisco.

Do you know about - History of the Hoover Dam - Hoover Dam Facts

Kaiser San Francisco! Again, for I know. Ready to share new things that are useful. You and your friends.

Hoover Dam, also known as Boulder Dam, is settled on the Colorado River on the border of Arizona and Nevada, 30 miles southeast of Las Vegas. With a height of 726 feet, it is the second top dam in the United States. (The Oroville Dam in Butte, California is 770 feet high.) building of the dam began in 1931 and was completed in 1936, two years ahead of schedule.

What I said. It isn't outcome that the true about Kaiser San Francisco. You read this article for facts about that wish to know is Kaiser San Francisco.

How is History of the Hoover Dam - Hoover Dam Facts

We had a good read. For the benefit of yourself. Be sure to read to the end. I want you to get good knowledge from Kaiser San Francisco.

The dam crosses the border in the middle of two time zones, the Pacific Time Zone and the Mountain Time Zone. Lake Mead is the stockroom created behind the dam.

Hoover Dam is named after Herbert Hoover, who in 1922, while Secretary of manufactures under President Warring Harding, met with the state governors of seven western states to work out a plan for the use of the Colorado River. The supervene was the Hoover Compromise, which paved the way for building of the dam. In 1928, Congress popular ,favorite the bill to begin building of the dam.

The ageement to build the dam was awarded to Six Companies, a conglomeration of Morrison-Kneudsen firm of Boise, Idaho, Pacific Bridge firm of Portland, Oregon, Utah building firm of Ogden, Utah, Henry J. Kaiser and W.A. Bechtel firm of Oakland, California, MacDonald & Kahn Ltd. Of Los Angeles, California, and J.F. Shea firm of Portland, Oregon. Later the Union Carbide Corporation was contracted to help with refrigeration.

Hoover Dam began generating hydroelectric power in 1936. It provides a total of 2080 megawatts of power for parts of Arizona, Nevada, and California.

Hoover Dam was designated a national historic landmark in 1985.

I hope you receive new knowledge about Kaiser San Francisco. Where you'll be able to offer use within your everyday life. And just remember, your reaction is Kaiser San Francisco.Read more.. History of the Hoover Dam - Hoover Dam Facts. View Related articles related to Kaiser San Francisco. I Roll below. I even have suggested my friends to help share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share History of the Hoover Dam - Hoover Dam Facts.


No comments:

Post a Comment